Lists of frequently asked questions
How can I register two serial numbers in my Dr.Web 12 for Windows so that I get the bonus?
Each of the serial numbers must have validity of three months or longer.
- Click on the Dr.Web spider icon in the notification area. In the pop-up menu select License.
The menu that appears while the license is still valid The menu that appears after the license has expired
- In the subsequent License Manager window click the Buy or activate new license button.
- The Registration Wizard dialogue will open. Enter your first serial number.
If you previously registered a license and it is still valid, its serial number will appear in the License Manager.
To add the terms of your current license and new license together, select I will specify the previous license, and in the subsequent dialogue, enter the serial number of your current license.
If the license's validity period is three months or longer and the new license will be valid for at least 12 months, 150 days will be added to your new license.
- If your have a Dr.Web license whose period was three months or longer but the license already expired, select I don't have previous license and in the window that opens enter its serial number or specify its key file.
- If you do not have such licenses, click on the link I do not have any previous license.
- Fill out the registration form, and click Next.
- Your license has been activated successfully. Press OK.
If two licenses are registered one after another for the same device:
- The valid license will be blocked;
- Doctor Web will add 150 days to the license you used for the renewal. And if you are renewing a license that hasn't expired yet, its remaining validity will be added to the new license period.
How to renew a license for Dr.Web Mobile Security?
Low-cost renewal terms
- Both valid and expired licenses can be renewed. There is no expiration date limitation for Dr.Web licenses subject to renewal.
- A renewal discount is provided only if the period of the previous license was/is at least six months in duration.
- A renewal discount is provided only if a license for a similar Dr.Web anti-virus for 1, 2, or 3 years is purchased.
- For Dr.Web Security Space and Dr.Web Anti-virus a renewal discount is provided for any number protected objects (from 1 to 5 inclusive).
- A renewal discount is provided for protected objects whose number is less than or equal to the number of protected objects covered by the previous license that is subject to renewal.
- To get a discount, a Dr.Web key file or a serial number must be provided (each such file or number can be submitted for renewal only once).
- To get a renewal discount, a customer must present a serial number or a key file (including OEM) to a salesperson.
What renewal discounts are available?
The discount multiplier used depends on your customer category and the period of the license you want to buy. A multiplier is applied to the price of a 12-month license.
|Customer type||Discount condition||Renewal|
|1 year||2 years||3 years|
|Non-discount categories||A Dr.Web key file or serial number that is valid for at least six months for a similar Dr.Web product||0,6||1,17||1,72|
|Educational institutions, libraries, and health-care institutions||A copy of a document, issued by a competent authority and authorizing the entity in question to carry out educational or health-care activities, and a completed application||0,35||0,7||1,05|
Can I renew a trial license and get a discount?
Can I renew a beta version at a discount?
Renewal discounts are not available to users of beta versions but only to users of commercial Dr.Web licenses. Licenses for tested products are provided for free to the best beta testers.
How do I renew a commercial license?
- If you have a license for one of the personal Dr.Web anti-viruses, simply buy a renewal license from one of partners of Doctor Web or the Dr.Web eStore. The price of a renewal license already includes the discount.
IMPORTANT! You can also purchase a standard, full-priced license. If you have used Dr.Web before for at least six months and specify during registration your previous serial number or key file, the new license period will be 150 days longer than specified on the box/in the license.
If you have purchased a renewal license (its price already includes the discount) but can't specify a previous serial number or key file whose period of use was/is at least six months in duration, the period of your new license will be 150 days shorter than specified on the box/in the license.
- If you use a Dr.Web bundle, you can't apply for the renewal discount since special low prices are set for Dr.Web bundles by default.
- If you use any other Dr.Web product, please visit the renewal page.
Who is eligible for the 150-day renewal bonus?
The 150-day bonus is given to customers who purchase Dr.Web at the standard, full price when renewing their licenses.
A renewal product may be unavailable when a customer is ready to renew. In such cases, the only choice is to buy a full-priced license. So, during registration, instead of the discount, such customers get an extra 150 days of use added to their renewal license. The renewal bonus serves as a refund of the renewal discount they would have received had it been available.
Can I renew a license at a discount after it has expired?
There are no renewal restrictions as to how long ago your license has expired. You can renew it at a discount in several months or even years after its expiration.
Can I register my renewal license’s serial number before my current license expires? If so, won’t that shorten my current license period?
You can register a renewal license’s serial number at any time, even before your current license expires. During registration, the remaining period of the current license will be added to the renewal licence’s term automatically. All you need to do is specify your current serial number or the key file used with the Dr.Web anti-virus.
I need to provide a key file to renew my license. What is a key file and where can I find it?
A key file is a special file containing information about the Dr.Web components covered by your license and your license period. The file has the .key extension and is located in the Dr.Web anti-virus installation directory. In Windows, the default location is C:\Program Files\DrWeb\drweb32.key.
My Dr.Web license expired before I renewed it. When would the term of my renewed license start?
If you renew an expired license, the renewal period will start as soon as you register the serial number of the new license.
Can a company renew its license for the Dr.Web anti-virus via the eStore? If so, can a invoice be obtained for accounting purposes?
Legal persons purchasing Dr.Web from the eStore can get hard copies of invoices for their purchases.
I purchased a Dr.Web license at a special lower price. Can I still renew at a discount?
If your license is valid for at least six months, you, as well as any user of Dr.Web, can renew your license at a discount.
I purchased a Dr.Web license under the "Switch to Green" migration programme. Can I renew my license at a discount?
All registered Dr.Web users are entitled to a renewal discount. The discount amount depends on the period of your renewal license.
If I purchase two three-month licenses and register both serial numbers, would I qualify for a six-month license renewal?
It depends on the date of registration of your serial numbers. If you register both numbers on the same day, the license periods will start and expire in three months. If you register one serial number and register the second one three months later, you will be using licensed Dr.Web software for six months. But this may not be a good idea since you won't be able to get a renewal discount for two three-month key files, and two short-term licenses will cost you more than one six-month license.