Extract the key file from the ZIP archive to any directory on your computer.
- If Dr.Web is already installed on your computer, open the Dr.Web anti-virus control center → Tools → License Manager → Get / Renew license.
- If Dr.Web is not installed on your computer, specify the path to the extracted key file during installation.
Then, if you purchased a new license to renew your previous one, delete the old license and replace it with the new one:
Commonly used method
- Connect your PC to the Internet.
- Run as root:
- rm -rf /etc/opt/drweb.com/*.key && drweb-ctl reload && drweb-ctl license --GetRegistered XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX. Here XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX should be replaced by your serial number.
For GUI systems
- Connect your PC to the Internet
- Right-click on the Dr.Web icon, or find and launch the application "Dr.Web for Linux"
- Click on the “License” button
- Click on the red X to the right of the license number
- Click on the padlock icon to confirm the action, and enter the root login and password
- Click on "Yes" to confirm the action
- In the Registration Wizard window, enter your serial number, and click on "Activate.