Lists of frequently asked questions
How can I use the Parental Control component in Dr.Web for Windows to restrict access to unwanted sites?
- Click on the spider image in the system tray.
- Click on the closed padlock icon—the system will request elevated privileges.
- Agree, and, if necessary, enter the administrator account password. The closed padlock is now open.
- Click on the gear icon.
- In the Dr.Web settings window, open the Parental Control tab.
- In the section on the right, select the user account for which you want to set restrictions.
- Click on Change in the Internet section.
- In the drop-down list, select Block by categories.
- Select the categories of the sites you want to block.
Doctor Web specialists are continuously adding sites to the list for each category. How they do this is described in this Moscow News article.
Find out more