Lists of frequently asked questions
For purchase through Google
How can I create a technical support request on My Dr.Web Portal?
- To enter the portal from a mobile device, install Dr.Web. In the application menu, select About and tap My Dr.Web.
Go to the Support tab → Ask a question.
- If you want to go to My Dr.Web Portal from a PC or Mac, use the special service on the Doctor Web site. Log on to the portal and go to the Support tab → Ask a question.
Use My Dr.Web Portal — your personal assistant and guide to services. Here, in particular, you can contact our technical support. The history of your requests is also available here.
How can a user who has the free version of Dr.Web for Android get technical support from Doctor Web?
- If you need help buying a commercial version, on the support request page of Doctor Web's site, select I do not yet have a commercial Dr.Web license and ask your question.
- If you need assistance solving a technical problem, this kind of support is not provided with the free version of this product. Try to find the answers to your questions in the FAQ or get advice from other users on the Dr.Web forum.
I use the commercial version of Dr.Web for Android (not a lifetime license). What data do I need to provide to the Doctor Web technical support service to get help?
If you're contacting technical support:
- From the Dr.Web page at Google Play, through My Dr.Web Portal, or via the support form on Doctor Web's site, specify your serial number or your Google Play order number and your Gmail address. If you do not have the order number, then you probably purchased the Dr.Web license from another site. In this case, you need to submit your serial number. You can find your serial number on My Dr.Web Portal.
- Use the link in your order confirmation — click on the link found in the support request form at Google Play, select the request topic, and ask your question. We will obtain all the required information from Google Play automatically.
The purchase confirmation has been lost. How can I check my order number (for example, to contact Doctor Web's support service)?
If you have deleted the email confirming your purchase information, you can find the order number (transaction id) in Google Wallet — information on all your orders is stored there.
Where can I find my Dr.Web serial number?
Only users of the shareware version of Dr.Web for Android (comprehensive security) have serial numbers, which become available to them after they pay for their license on My Dr.Web Portal. Serial numbers are displayed in the Portal’s license information section.
How can I find out whether I'm using the commercial version or the free one?
Select About in the Dr.Web menu. If the word Light is present, you are using the free version. Also, the main menu provides access to different sets of security components; the paid version has substantially more components.
|Dr.Web for Android Light — free license||Dr.Web for Android — commercial license|
What purchase confirmation will I receive after paying for a license at Google Play?
You will receive an email receipt confirming your purchase. The email will contain your order number and order information, and a link for contacting Doctor Web's support service regarding questions concerning purchase, payment and refund. If you have not received such an email, please contact Google Play's support service — Doctor Web's support service won't be able to help until your payment has been received.
The list of your paid purchases can be found in Google Wallet. The list of applications that have been paid for and are thus available to you can be found in the My Apps section of your Google account.
I paid for my license but the program indicates that I'm using a demo version / the license hasn't been found.
In the program's main window, go to the menu, select About, tap Update License and choose Purchase/Download. To activate the license, you must have Internet access and use the same Google account through which you made the purchase. The Dr.Web key file will be downloaded automatically. More>>
Within how many days of making a purchase can I apply to Doctor Web for a refund?
According to Google Play's refund policy and under the Agreement between Doctor Web and Google, you can apply for a refund no later than within 48 hours after payment is made.
How can I get refunded for a license I have paid for?
- If you have a payment receipt email from Google Play, open it and click on the link in the phrase "Have a question? Contact the seller Doctor Web, Ltd.". A Google Play support request form will be loaded. On the request page, select the option "I'd like to request a refund/return the item" and send the refund request. A Doctor Web employee will process your request, and you will get a refund.
- If the purchase receipt is lost request a refund through the support request form at Doctor Web's site or in My Dr.Web Portal. Specify your order number and Gmail address.
In both cases, you will receive a refund confirmation from Google Play.
Important! The time frame for a refund depends only on how fast your bank processes such requests! If the money is not returned to your account within 2-3 days of receiving a confirmation from Google Play, contact your bank. Doctor Web cannot influence bank policies or expedite refunds. Our refund liabilities to our users are met after you receive a refund confirmation from Google Play.
My order was cancelled, but money was still debited from my account.
Chances are the funds have been blocked by the bank that issued your credit card. Doctor Web cannot influence bank policies. The funds will be returned to your account after a period defined by the bank. If the money is not returned to your account in 2-3 days after receiving confirmation from Google Play, contact your bank.
- I have purchased a new smart phone.How can I transfer my Dr.Web license to the device from my old smart phone?
- If your license has expired you cannot transfer it to another device. Buy a new license.
If your license is still valid, use your new phone to log in at Google Play under the account that was used to purchase the license.
In My Apps, select Dr.Web and tap Install. A valid license will be recognized automatically.
- I lost my Dr.Web license. How can I recover the license purchased through Google Play?
- If your license has expired, you will not be able to restore it. Please buy a new license.
- If your license is still valid,-note that licenses purchased through Google Play are bound to the account under which they have been purchased.
- Make sure that this account is set as the primary account on the device.
- In the main Dr.Web window, select About.
How can I reinstall Dr.Web for Android?
- If Dr.Web is not already installed on your device, use the account under which you purchased the license to log in at Google Play. In My Apps, select Dr.Web and tap Install. A valid license will be recognized automatically.
- If Dr.Web is already installed on your device:
- Run Dr.Web.
- In the main Dr.Web window, select About.
- Tap Update License and select Purchase/Download.