Lists of frequently asked questions
What are benefits of a licensed Dr.Web product?
Purchasing a licensed Dr.Web product has certain benefits:
- The manufacturer is responsible for the operation of the software.
- A company using legal software doesn’t violate any property or usage rights.
- Guaranteed free technical support via the web-form.
- Free updates of the Dr.Web virus database.
- Free updates of Dr.Web software modules.
- Free upgrade to a new version.
- A license can be renewed at a discount.
The Dr.Web anti-virus installed on my computer still has a valid license but I’ve got a new computer and want to use the same anti-virus. Can I install it on my new computer?
A DrWeb license for one PC entitles a user to install and run the program simultaneously only on one PC. The number of installations and reinstallations is not limited.
In order to use the license on the new computer do the following:
- copy the Dr.Web key file to a floppy disk or a flash drive;
- download the distribution of Dr.Web anti-virus and install it on your new computer;
- copy the Dr.Web key file from the floppy disk or a flash drive into the anti-virus installation directory;
- remove Dr.Web anti-virus from your old machine.
Two people use the same computer. How many licenses do I need to protect this PC?
You need one license. Dr.Web protect computers, not users. 1 license=1 PC
I have a computer and a laptop but I never use them simultaneously. How many Dr.Web licenses do I need?
You need two licenses because both devices need to be protected.
I have two Windows operating systems installed on my computer. How many licenses shall I buy?
I use both Windows and Linux on my computer. How many Dr.Web licenses do I need to buy?
2 licenses are required, one for each operating system.
A company has 10 computers used by 18 employees in shifts. How many licenses should the company purchase?
10 licenses. 1 license = 1 PC